Monday, September 26, 2011

////

How to Make Homemade Sunscreen

The other day my friend let me and my kinds borrow some of her sunscreen. When I asked her if I could borrow some; she handed me this little bottle that didn't look like it was purchased at a store. When I asked her where she got it she laughed and said she made it. I used it and it worked really well. So I asked her for the recipe and now I use it instead of buying sunscreen at the store. In this little article I am going to tell you exactly how to make it.


First go to the store and get a bottle of soybean or sunflower oil. I went to my local natural nutrition store but simply google these ingredients and you'll find what you need. You will need about eight ounces of either one of them to match the rest of the ingredients here in this recipe.

Then buy about one ounce of Emulsifying Wax. I couldn't find this in my local store so I had to buy it online. Emulsifying wax is a vegetable based oil from the natural occurring esters and fats that are processed into a flake like form.

Then I purchased one ounce of get zinc oxide for the help with the sun blocking power of your sunscreen. After all that just get yourself some kind of essential oil like sweet orange.

So after you get all those ingredients all you have to do is mix them together. I used a wooden spoon but my friend uses a mixer. The great thing about this sunscreen, is that it is natural and doesn't contain all the other chemicals that are found in the other sunscreen sold in the stores. And it was kind off fun to make with the kinds.

I like to try all kinds of natural ingredients for just about everything I make. Some times you need a fast solution for keeping the kids skin healthy in the sun. I know I have been heading out the door and ran all out but didn't have time to make a new batch of my home made sun block. If that happens to you go to the health food store or one of those all natural stores and pick up a tube of para-aminobenzoic acid and use it for sun block. It seems to work as a great option for keeping you skin safe in the sun.


0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment

    Followers

    Blog Archive